Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Journal Page - Just Start

Hello creative friends. I hope everyone is having a good week.  This week I have a two page art journal layout that I created using printed tissue paper as a background and then using watercolors to color the tissue paper.  I added a quick drawing of a bird, some ephemera and a quote to finish out this journal page.  The quote is from Mark Twain and it says "The secret of getting ahead is getting started.  The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.".  This has been a mantra I have lived by most of my life to break larger overwhelming tasks into smaller tasks and then start working on one small task at a time.  Sometimes half the battle is getting started and if you can just start on one small task then that helps get the ball rolling to accomplishing bigger tasks. Here are pics of the page:



 

 
And here is a video showing how I created this page:
 

 
I hope you enjoy the video and I hope everyone has a great week.  Until next time happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment