Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Journal Pages & Treasure Boxes

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  This past weekend my granddaughter came to visit so of course we spent the weekend in the scrap room.  Our first project was an art journal page using tape transfers.  We painted our background, created tape transfers to add to our pages and then add some ephemera to finish the pages.  Here is the art journal page I created with two tape transfers of a cardinal and a tiger, a Tag with a quote I added and K&Company ephemera:

 
Here is my granddaughters journal page with two tape transfers of fish.  She added additional fish stickers, some shell stickers, a cutout from some scrap paper and a word from a magazine. 
 


We also made treasure boxes.  I recently watched a video from Einat Kessler where she put some small boxes together and decorated them in steampunk style.  I thought that would be a fun project to do with my granddaughter, so I found some small jewelry boxes, we painted then, covered them with Tim Holtz tissue paper, hot glued them together and then decorated them with various charms and gems.  Here is the treasure box I made:


And here is the treasure box my granddaughter made.

 
As always we had a lot of fun this weekend making our journal pages and treasure boxes. We started working on another project, but ran out of time, so I am looking forward to her next visit so that we can finish the project we started.  Hope everyone has a great week, until next time happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment