Saturday, December 31, 2016

Created a mini Holiday Journal

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good holiday and enjoying time off with family.  I have been enjoying my time off and found some time for creating, in between the family holiday festivities.  I created a mini holiday journal using 6x6 cardboard panels that I cut, used white Gesso on the front and black Gesso on the back of the panels, and then used spray inks to add color and texture to the panels.  I then went online to Graphics Fairy and found some Christmas themed clip art to use in the journal.  I coffee stained music note papers and burned the edges of the one for the front cover.  I used stamps and other ephemera from my stash to complete the pages.  And then added jump rings and ribbons to bind the journal together.  Here are pics of the mini Holiday journal that I created.

 




 
 
And here is a quick video showing how I made this journal.
 

 
I've been having a lot of fun making these mini journals and have others that I created in different themes that I plan to share; however since this was a holiday themed journal I decided it should be shared sooner rather than later.  I really like the way this journal turned out and hope it inspires you to create one too.  Thank you for stopping by and hope you have a Happy New Year.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment