Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Created Inspiration Sticks

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good week.  My week has been good, but busy at work.  Have you ever been at a loss for what to do on an art journal page?  I think most art journaler's have at one point or another.  Well I have been seeing where people have been making inspiration sticks and thought I would make a set for myself.  I decided to go through my supplies and make a list so that I could put them on the sticks and that way use supplies that I have not used in a while or in some cases not at all.  I painted the sticks with Dylusions paints and wrote on them with Posca pens.  I also added techniques, like tape transfer, scrape in paint, etc.  And shapes, like hearts, butterflies, etc.  Here is a video showing how I made my inspiration sticks.


These will help me when I am feeling stuck or have no idea what to do on an art journal page.  Over the next couple of weeks I will post art journal pages that I created using my inspiration sticks.  Have you made a set of these yet?  If not, you should, they are fun to use, even if you just want to mix things up.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment