Wednesday, July 15, 2015

5s Journal - Prompt 2 - Collage & Recycled Papers

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a great week.  This weekend, July 17th-20th, is a YouTube Creators event that I will be participating in.  If you would like to join in the fun just go over to YouTube this weekend and search for #lovesummerart to see all of the videos that have been created for this event.

This is video 2 of 5 for a 5s journal that I created.  I came across a video from Cat Hand where she was creating a 5s journal.  She got the idea from a video Shannon Green posted.  And I just had to try it.  The idea of a 5s journal is 5 Sessions, 10 Prompts, 15 Minutes on 20 Pages.  Basically you have 5 sessions for 15 minutes each to work on 20 pages as you go through the 10 prompts below:

1. Paint & Ink
2. Collage & Recycled Papers
3. Stamps & Stencils
4. Words & Images
5. Pen & Ink.

Shannon Green explains the whole process in her video located here:


And Cat Hand's 1st video showing her 5s journal process can be found here:  


The journal I used had 30 pages so I allowed myself 25 minutes for each session, however I only was able to complete one of the prompts within the 25 minutes allotted.  It was quite challenging, but a lot of fun.  Here are a four more pictures from the completed journal:





And here is the video on my process for prompt 2:




I will post pictures showing some of the other completed pages, along with the other posts and videos as I get them edited and uploaded.  Have you created a 5s journal yet?  If so what did you think and how did you do?  I would love to hear about it.

Hope you join the fun this weekend at the YouTube Creators #lovesummerart event.  Plans are to put on an event each month with a different theme, so stay tuned to other upcoming events.  Have fun.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment