Tuesday, July 7, 2015

5s Journal - Prompt 1 - Paint

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone had a great 4th of July weekend.  Mine was very relaxing and lots of creating, love it.  This weekend while watching YouTube videos I came across a video from Cat Hand where she was creating a 5s journal.  She got the idea from a video Shannon Green posted.  And I just had to try it.  The idea of a 5s journal is 5 Sessions, 10 Prompts, 15 Minutes on 20 Pages.  Basically you have 5 sessions for 15 minutes each to work on 20 pages as you go through the 10 prompts below:

1. Paint & Ink
2. Collage & Recycled Papers
3. Stamps & Stencils
4. Words & Images
5. Pen & Ink.

Shannon Green explains the whole process in her video located here:


And Cat Hand's 1st video showing her 5s journal process can be found here:  


I managed to get through all of the sessions and prompts over the weekend and completed my journal.  I decided to use a little journal I already had that had 30 pages so I allowed myself 25 minutes for each session, however I only was able to complete one of the prompts within the 25 minutes allotted.  It was quite challenging, but a lot of fun; And although I was not thrilled with my journal during the first couple of stages, in the end I really liked the way it turned out.  I will post pictures of a couple of the pages with each blog post I do along with each video I created showing how I worked through each session.  Here are some of the pages from the journal I created:






And here is the video showing the first session where I was attempting to put paint on every page with 25 minutes.  I didn't make it.  I believe it took me about 35 - 40 minutes to get paint on all of the pages.  


Have you heard about the 5s journal yet?  If so have you tried it yet?  I hope you do, it is a lot of fun; And within an hour or two you have a completed journal.  I will post the other videos, as I work through editing them, along with more pictures from this little journal.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment