Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Journal Page - In God's Hands

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is have a good week.  This week has been one of the better weeks for me lately, mainly because I am taking some time off this Friday and all next week for vacation.  I have been having some challenges for quite some time now and going through a lot of stuff, so I created this journal page to remind myself to stop worrying so much about everything and leave it in god's hands.  Here is the journal page I created:

 
And here are a couple of close-ups of the details:
 

 
 
 
This was a page that I used Gesso to attach small tags to the two page layout and wanted to do something with it.  I was not sure what I was going to do with the page, I just started adding color and then thought it would look cool with drips.  I drew a hand and then traced it onto deli paper to add to the page.  I also stamped onto deli paper other images using Staz-on ink pads and markers to color in some of the images.  When you use deli paper, once you glue it down, the deli paper disappears into the background so it looks like you stamped right onto the page.  Also, here is a video showing how I created this page.
 
 
 
Hope you enjoy the video.  I really like the way this page turned out and thought that the tags added an interesting and textured background.  What interesting materials have you used on a background to add texture?  I would love to hear about it.  Until next time, happy creating.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment