Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Creating ICADs

Hello creative friends.  This past weekend I had my granddaughter come for a visit and we had a lot of fun being creative, as usual.  As I mentioned last week, I have been watching Aaron's videos from Imperfect Impulses and wanting to try making a few ICADs.  Which stands for index card a day, if you are not familiar with the anonym.  Not sure about making a card a day, especially since the time I have for being creative is so sporadic, but I can make a couple at a time.  I painted a few cards last weekend and finished them this weekend.  I also made a few more this weekend with my granddaughter.

Here are the ICADs I started last weekend and finished this weekend.

 
And here are the ICADs I made on Saturday and Sunday.
 
 
 
Here are the ICADs that my granddaughter made.
 
 
We had so much fun creating these miniature pieces of art, I can see us making many more in the future.  They are so quick and easy to make.  The only issue I had at first, was what to put on them and what word or phrase to add.  But then I decided to select the word or phrase first and create the card based on that, which made them come together much more quickly and easily.  And I decided that I can just make a card for fun and not always a word or a phase.  Have you created ICADs before?  I would love to hear about your experience creating ICADs.  Until next time, happy creating.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment