Monday, September 15, 2014

New Hand Cut Stencil

Hello creative friends.  I hope all is well in your world.  This past week I made a new hand cut stencil of two birds.  Here is the bird stencil I created.
 
 
 
 
And then I made a journal page using the stencil.  I used acrylic ink to stamp through the stencil on a background page that I had previously made using fabric squares and Gesso. I traced the birds with a black sharpie pen and added a quote from my stash that reads: "It is never too late to be what you might have become" - by George Eliot.  I may have to go back and trace the letters in black to help them stand out better.
 
 
Then I decided to add a quote and some stamping to finish a page I started before using another hand cut stencils that I created.  I used spray inks through the stencils on a colored paper towel background.  

 

 
Then I decided to just play with my supplies and make marks and do some stamping with purchased stamps and found objects. 
 
 


I really like the first one and the third one, not so much the second one.  I plan to do more with the third one,  but not sure what to do with the second one.  The second one is a bit of a mess and I am not sure if I want to scrap it, try to do more with it or just leave it.  So what have you done lately?  Have you tried cutting your own stencils?  I would love to hear about it.  It is much easier to cut your own stencils than I thought it would be and am now hooked.  I already have other stencils I am planning to cut.  Until next time, happy creating.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment