Monday, October 13, 2014

Art Journal Pages

Hello creative friends.  I have been very busy lately with several creative projects.  I have been working on a painting that I tried to finish last weekend, but am not completely happy with it.  So I am planning to go back in and adjust a few things.  I've also been working on a project for work to decorate for Halloween, which I will take pictures of and share once I get them up at work.  And my granddaughter came for a visit this weekend and we finished a journal page that we started the last time she came to visit.  We took painted papers, paper towels and baby wipes and collaged them on a page.  Then we drew our design onto tracing paper and glued them to the page.  Then we applied a wash of gesso and then water color paints around the images.  I really like the way the pages turned out.  Here is my finished journal page.

 
And here is my granddaughter's finished page.
 

I like how you can see the colors underneath the images. 

Then we each completed another journal page on our own.  I worked on a journal page that I started a couple of weeks ago by collaging scrap paper on the page, coloring it with watercolor crayons, stamped flowers on it and then added a layer of gesso.  Then I got stuck.  I didn't know what to do with it and was not particularly happy with it at that point.  So this weekend I decided to paint a face on the page. 
 


 I like the page now, however I would like it more if some of the background showed through.  Oh well.  I also bought my granddaughter some neon paints and a new XL journal, so she painted this journal page in her new journal with her neon paints.

 

So what have you been working on lately?  I would love to hear about it.  Until next time, happy creating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment