Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Art Journal Page - Word for the Year "Release"

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a great week.  My week has been going well.  This week I have an art journal page that I created for my word of the year, which I decided is "Release".  I want to release all of the negativity, the worrying, the hurt, the anger, the self consciousness, anything that is holding me back and keeping me from being happy, healthy and successful this year.  As I thought about this and my word for the year and how I wanted to create a journal page around this, I thought about the butterfly and how it is released from a cocoon to fly free.  So I decided to create a butterfly being released from a cocoon.  I used watercolor paint to put color on the page and then used stencils, spray inks and acrylic paint to make a background for my butterfly.  I took a separate piece of paper and created my butterfly using acrylic paint.  I folded the butterfly and painted the outside like a cocoon and then attached it to my journal page.  I then added my word for the year to the butterfly.  Here are some pictures of the art journal page I created.



 The butterfly closed into a cocoon

The butterfly open

And here is a video showing how I created this art journal page.


So what is your word for the year?  Leave me a commit, I would love to hear from you.  Thank you for stopping by and until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment