Monday, July 28, 2014

Fun with Homemade Stamps & Journal Pages

Hello creative friends.   This weekend my granddaughter came to stay and we had lots of fun making our own stamps, playing with them and creating journal pages with them.  I bought some foam sheets from the dollar store, dug up some leftover yarn and cut up a cardboard box so that we could make our out homemade stamps.  We cut and punched shapes and used yarn to glue designs onto the cardboard pieces.  Here are pics of the stamps we made.


Here are the stamps that I made:


And the stamps my granddaughter made:
 





Then we played with the stamps in our art journals.  I stamped and stenciled this background onto a background page that I had added dictionary pages to:

 
And my granddaughter created this journal page with the stamps she made.

 
Then we completed a Life Book page using our new stamps.  The first one is mine and the second one my granddaughters.


 
Then we complete another Life Book page, since we were having so much fun creating.  The first one is mine and the second one is my granddaugters.




We had so much fun this weekend making our own stamps and creating journal pages together.  Have you made your own homemade stamps?  If so I would love to hear about it and how you use your homemade stamps in your art journal pages.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment