Monday, June 30, 2014

ATC Swap

Hello creative friends.  This week I participated in an ATC (Artist Trading Card) swap with Life Book 2014.  The idea is to create mini works of art the size of a playing card and trade them with other artist.  This is the second time I have participated in an ATC swap.  The first time was while participating in Life Book 2013 last year.  They select a week to do a swap, post a theme and then match up everyone who wants to participate.  Everyone gets a partner and you and your partner trade cards.  It is a lot of fun and you usually get some other bits, that come with the cards that are sent to you, to use in your art journal later.  The theme for the cards this year was daily ritual.  I have coffee every day and I am an avid reader.  Here are the ATC cards I created for this years swap.


Here are the two ATC cards I created for the 2013 swap.  The theme was Stardust.


The artist puts their information on the backs of the cards - name, date, theme, website, etc. so you have a record of who created the cards, their website and other information.  If you do enough swaps, after a while you will have a full deck and then some.  I would like to get more involved in ATC swaps and collect more of these wonderful works of art.  Have you or do you participate in ATC swaps?  If so, I would love to hear about it and see what you have done.  Until next time, happy creating.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment