Monday, March 24, 2014

Creative Fun with Kids

Hello creative friends.  This weekend I had my granddaughter.  I always enjoy doing crafts and art journaling with her.  Kids are so creative.  We made the following pictures.  The first one is mine and the second one is hers.  And FYI I copied her designs for the purple skirt and the green shirt. 

 
 
The idea came from the Art at the Speed of Life book I just bought.  Ours is quite different than how the book explains how to do the picture, but the idea of clothes on a clothes line did come from the book.  We first made our clothes out of pattered scrapbook paper and then glued the remaining scraps to a canvas board.  Then we used modeling paste through a flower stencil for the flowers along the bottom of the canvas.  We painted the canvas and then added paper flowers.  We added cardboard to the back of the clothes to add dimension.  We then put holes in the canvas boards for the ribbon hanger and the wire clothesline.  Finally we used glue dots to fix the clothes to the canvas board.  We had a lot of fun making these pictures and my granddaughter has a fun picture to hang in her bedroom.  Have you created something lately using an idea from a book, magazine or website?  I would love to hear about it and see what you have created.  Until next time, have a great week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment