Sunday, March 2, 2014

Unfinished Projects

Hello creative friends.  This week was a week to catch up on projects that have been long overdue to be completed.  I started two painting 5-7 years ago and half way through completing them I became frustrated and was not happy with the way they were turning out, so I quit.  All these years I have been debating on what to do with them - finish them or cover them up and reuse the canvases for something else.  Well this weekend I decided to finish them and am very happy with how they turned out.  Here are the two finished paintings.



I learned from finishing these paintings that you can not judge a painting, or a project, before it is finished and the details make all the difference.  The first painting was mostly finished and all it really needed was detail work done.  Once I completed the detail work, I loved it.  The second one was not quite as far along, however I was able to finish it as well and love how it turned out.  Have you ever had a project that you were not happy with, before it was finished, and was happy with how well it turned out once completed?  I have been wanting to move on to other projects, but decided that until these two were finished, I was not going to start any new projects.  How do you deal with unfinished project?  Do you also limit yourself to how many you can have going on at once?  I would love to hear what you think.  Until next time, have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment