Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Junk Journal Redo and Mixed Media Tags

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine is going well.  This week I have a video on a Junk Journal redo.  I made a junk journal out of junk mail, envelopes, packaging, etc. some time ago.  However when I tried to use it, I realized it was not easy to use.  So I decided to cut it up and turn it into 5 smaller, easier to use, journals.  I also covered each of the signatures, or sections, with 80 pound watercolor paper and then decorated the covers using black gesso, white gesso, Dylusions paints, scrapbook paper, washi tape and ephemera from my stash.  Here is a pic of the journals I created.

 
And her is a video showing how I made these journals.
 
 
 
Also, this weekend I played around with my supplies and created some decorative tags.  Here is a picture of the tags I created and some close up pictures.
 






These tags were a lot of fun to make and I can't wait to start filling up the junk journals I created.  Thank you for stopping by and until next time happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment