Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Art Journal Page - The Wild is Calling & a Visit to the Harn Museum

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine is going well.  This week I have an art journal page that I created, one of two journal pages, for an upcoming YouTube video hop.  I decided to use the other journal page I created for the hop.  The theme of the hop is Underwater Fantasy that will happen on July 29th.  This hop partners YouTube video creators with non-video creators to give non-video creators work exposure by featuring their work in a video along with the video creators work.  To find all the videos for this hop on July 29th, search for #StudioABSee on YouTube. 

This journal page I created using acrylic paint, metallic paint, Martha Stewart Iridescent spheres, ephemera and a title from my stash.  I have always wanted to do an art journal page with a mermaid and this presented the perfect opportunity for one.  Here is a pic of the art journal page and some close up pics.

 



And here is the video I created for this art journal page.



This weekend I also went to the Harn Museum in Gainesville, FL, with the Journal Day art journaling group.  Here are some pics of the art journal page I created at the museum and pics from my visit.  This is a drawing is from a photograph of Frida in the Frida exhibit they have there and I used colored pencils to give her some color.  I also added some stickers from a card pack I bought at the museum.

 












I had a lot of fun at the Harn Museum and with the Journey Day art journaling group.  Thank you for stopping by, I hope everyone has a great week and hope you join us for the YouTube video hop on July 29th.  Until next time, happy creating.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment