Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Journal Pages - Weekend Journal 1

Hello creative friends, hope everyone is having a good week.  My week is going well.  I have been thinking a lot about working on and complete more than one journal page at a time, as I only have the weekends to work on my art journal.  And doing one journal page each weekend, if I have the time, is going to take me forever to complete an art journal. So I decided to work on 10 art journal pages at the same time this weekend.  I worked in my Strathmore 9"x12" Mixed Media art journal and I scraped paint on each of the pages with a credit card;  Then I added some papers to some of the pages and stencils and stamps to others.  After I was happy with the backgrounds, I went through my stash of words, quotes and pictures to find the right ephemera that I felt worked best on each of the journal pages to finish them.  Completing 10 pages over a weekend proved to take quite a bit of time so I plan next time to work on maybe 5 pages at the same time and see how that goes.  This is somewhat similar to the 5s Journal that Shannon Green introduced, and I completed one myself some time ago, except that the 5s Journal is timed and you only have 15 minutes to complete each stage.  What I am trying to accomplish is completing more than one journal page over a weekend and allowing myself as much time as it takes and as much time as I have available to complete them.  Here are a couple of pictures of my favorite journal pages from the 10 I created this weekend.


The heart with the rose is a tape transfer I created for this page.


These are birds that I drew in my sketch book.  I printed them out, stamped them with a script stamp, cut them out and used clear Gesso to fix them to the journal page.  I then painted them with acrylic paint.


I really liked how all of the journal pages turned out and it was difficult to select just a couple as my favorites.  I also created the following video showing how I created these pages and show all 10 journal pages at the end.



How do you like to work in your art journal - one page at a time or several pages at once?  I would love to hear how you like to art journal.  Hope you have a good week.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment