Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Salvaging Ugly Journal Pages

Hello creative friends.  Some time ago I played around with some products and ended up with a couple of ugly background pages.  I tried reworking them both on several occasions, but it seemed that they just got worse with each attempt.  I finally decided to try one last time to salvage them and try to rework them into completed journal pages.  Here is what the first ugly journal page looked like:

 
I reworked the page by covering it with several different colored Gelatos, Ranger inks sprayed through stencils and then finished it off with ephemera and a title.  Here is the finished journal page:
 


Not my favorite journal page, but I do like how it turned out. 

Here is the other ugly journal page that I reworked:

 
On this page I decided to use some modeling paste through a stencil around the edges.  Then I found a painterly image of a women in my stash that I cut out of a magazine and decided to draw and paint a similar painterly panther to go with her.  After the modeling paste dried I colored the page with Ranger distressing ink.  I stamped a title, added the images to the page and added a quote.  Here is the finished journal page.
 


I really like the way this page turned out and I think the title "Begin Again" and the quote are appropriate: "The world breaks everyone and afterward many are stronger at the broke places".  This whole page is about beginning again, even after several disappointments and frustrations, I decided to begin again reworking this journal page into something successful.  So do you rework failed journal pages or do you abandon them?  I would love to hear about it.  I looked at these journal pages for some time debating on whether to trash them or try to do something with them.  I am glad that I decided to rework them.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment