Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mini Memories Steampunk Journal and Journey Daybook Outing

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine is going well.  This past weekend I went on an outing with the Journey Daybook club to a quilt shop.  I saw some fabric there that had roses on it with some text, so I decided to create a page with the same elements.  I drew the roses and then glued on some scrap paper with text on them.  I used watercolor paints to paint the page and added my title and a quote that says "The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all", by Walt Disney's 'Mulan'.  Here is a picture of the page that I created.




I also decided to make a mini journal.  I took a leftover scrap piece of paper and folded it into a journal.  I then decided to antique the pages with coffee and some brown Staz-on ink.  I found some ephemera in my stash to add to the journal cover and the pages.  I then antiqued two tags craft with the brown Staz-on ink, added ribbon to the tags and then added the tags to the pockets of the journal.  I also took some scrap brown card stock and added some tabs to the pages.  Here are pictures of the journal I created.








I plan to add more to this little journal as far as writing at some point.  If interested here is a video showing how I created this mini journal.




I really like the way this journal turned out and they are a lot of fun to make.  I hope you like the video and try making one yourself.  Please leave me a comment if you have any questions.  Have a great week.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment