Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Believe in Yourself Mini Journal

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  My week has been going well.  This week I have another mini journal that I created using cardboard panels, Gesso, Dylusions and Adirondack spray inks, copy write free images, markers, Tim Holtz chit chat, a china marker, a black ink pad, ribbon and ephemera from my stash.  I distressed the cardboard panels, then scraped white gesso across the panels.  I sprayed the panels with spray inks to add color to the panels, printed copy write free images and colored them with markers.  I added the images I colored and ephemera from my stash to the panels.  I used a black ink pad around the edge of the panels, traced around the pictures with the china marker and added quotes from Tim Holtz chit chat.  I then finished the journal by painting the back of the panels with black gesso and used ribbon to bind it all together.  Here are a couple of the panels in this journal.





And here is a video showing how I created this mini journal.


I have really been having a lot of fun making these mini journals.  And this is a good way to use up all of the boxes from the Amazon deliveries LOL.  I cut them down to the size panels that I want to use for making mini journals and I have a stack of them in different sizes.  I hope you try this and have fun making your own mini journals.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment or send me an email.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment