Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Journal Page - Believe

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is doing well.  I used the remaining two birds I colored last week to create another journal page.  I have spent the last three nights trying to get my video editing program to create a video file of this page so I could post it, but I kept getting an error message half way through it being created.  But tonight finally success after the third try.  Anyway, I used Gesso with a touch of blue on the background and then used several stamps with several Stazon ink pads and markers to doodle.  I used my Dina Wakley paints again with several stencils and then finished the page using acrylic paints.  In tribute to the cherry blossoms that are in bloom, I added pink flowers to my page.  I added the birds, a quote and then highlighted everything with a Stabilo pencil and a damp paintbrush.  here is the journal page I created.

 
I like how you can see some of the stamping and doodles in the background.  After all the stamping, doodling and painting I added a layer of Gesso to help tone it all down.  Here is a video showing how I created this page.
 


I really like the way this journal page turned out.  And I had a lot fun playing around with different supplies while making this journal page.  Hope you have a great week.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment