Sunday, February 16, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's day and weekend.  In honor of Valentine's day I created a journal page this week.  I have an idea journal that I keep with me and write down ideas that come to me for journal pages.  I had several recorded that had hearts as the theme and chose one of the ideas in my idea journal to create this Valentine's layout.  I started out with covering the page in burgundy paint.  I then removed some of the paint through a stencil using a baby wipe.  I added some journaling with a black marker up the left side and then sprayed white paint through two paper heart doilies.

 
While this was drying I cut out two hearts and painted them with red paint.  I then sprayed white paint through the same paper heart doilies onto the hearts.  I painted in the rose design and added my sentiments with a black marker.  I then inked the edges and stamped with a script stamp.  I also applied gesso to the back of the hearts and wrote a note to my husband on the back of the hearts.
 

Once the journal page was dry, I sprayed black paint through several different stencils and stamped with the same script stamp that I used on the hearts above.
 
 
Finally I attached the hearts to a ribbon, stapled the ribbon to the top of my page and then covered the staple with a small heart that I cut out, painted, applied black ink to the edges and stamped with the same script stamp.  Here is the finished page.
 

 


I really love the way this page turned out.  I had a lot of fun creating this page and this layout was perfect for a Valentine's day layout.  I can see this idea being used in other ways as well using other shapes in place of the heart theme, for example birds, hot air balloons, clouds, or flowers.  What do you think?  Did you create a Valentine's day layout?  If so I would love to see it.  And if this layout inspired you to use this idea to create your own version I would love to see that as well.  I hope you had a good weekend and hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment