Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Art Journal Page - Have you no scar

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine is going well.  This week I have an art journal page to share that I created using black gesso, modeling paste, stencils, florescent paints, watercolor paints, a poem called 'Have you no scar' and a couple of quotes from my stash.  This is a more personal page for me and I was debating on weather to share it or not.  I've had the poem for over a year now and wanted to put it on an art journal page, but could not decide how I wanted to incorporate it into a journal page.  I also had a page with black gesso on it that I was going to use for something else, but never did.  So I thought that would be a good start for this page.  I wanted to use modeling paste and florescent paint on this page so that it would really pop against the black background.  I also found two quotes in my stash that went well with the poem so I added them to the page as well.  This is nothing like what I had in mind for this poem and am really happy with the way it turned out.  Here are pictures of the art journal page I created:






And here is a video showing how I created this page:



I believe that we all have some kind of scars, weather it be mental, physical or both. I don't believe that anyone gets through life unscathed.  And I believe part of the lesson in life is learning how to deal with our scars.  I am thankful that I have art to help me deal with mine.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment