Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Learn to Surf Art Journal Page

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  This week I am on vacation, so I am having a great week LOL.  Here is an art journal page the I created before going on vacation and scheduled this to post when the video goes live on YouTube.  This page I created in my Dina Wakley journal and I used a new set of gouache paint that I recently purchased.  I did a rough sketch of what I wanted to create on this page and then painted it in.  I then used some stamped images of shells that I colored and added to the page and then add a quote from my stash.  The quote says "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf! by John Kabat-Zinn".  Here is a picture of the journal page I created.
And here is the video:


This was the first time I've used gouache paint; I had fun playing around with them and creating this page.

Something else I've been playing around with is watercolor paints and have been going back in my pictures to find pictures to paint.  Here are some watercolor sketches I created from a trip to Sea World.





I've been have a lot of fun playing around with watercolors and creating these sketches.  It gives me the opportunity to be creative more often without taking a lot of time.  Thank you for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed the video and I hope you have a great week.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment