Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Creating a Lapbook Part 1 - The Cover

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a great week.  My week is going well and I had a great time last week on vacation in Gatlinburg.  I've come across several videos on YouTube of people making lapbooks and decided to make one myself.  This is part 1 of a multi part video showing how I created a lapbook from scratch.  I started with some chipboard and pattern paper.  I used 2 pieces of chipboard for the front and back cover and cut a 2" strip for the spine.  I then used double sided tape to adhere the pattern paper to the chipboard.  I then used map pattern paper to cover the inside of the cover.  Here is a picture of the cover.
And here is the video showing how I made the cover.

I really enjoyed making the cover, except for some frustrating moments, which I left in the video for your entertainment LOL.  This video shows how I created the cover and in video 2 I show how I added more pockets and inserts to the inside of the lapbook, and in video 3 I show how decorate the lapbook.  And then I ended up creating a 4th bonus video where I added more inserts using leftover scrap pattern paper and I show how I make mini journals to fit into some of the pockets.  I hope you liked the video and come back to see the other videos showing how I created this lapbook.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment