Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Creating a Journal Cover

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  My week is going well.  This week I have a journal cover that I created like a large travelers style notebook for the upcoming Book of Days class that I signed up for.  I first pulled all the pages out of a 12x18 watercolor pad and folder them in half to use as inserts for my journal.  I then used the cover and the backboard of the pad to create a journal cover.  I then cut two pieces of canvas bigger than the cover I created.  I then sewed 3 sides of the canvas together, inserted the journal cover I made into the open end and then sewed up the open end.  I then used Gesso to cover both sides of the cover.  Once the Gesso was dried I used chocolate paint to paint the inside cover and then stenciled a design on the inside.  On the outside I used modeling paste and stencils to create a design on the front.  I painted the front cover with chocolate paint and then went over the modeling paste design with some metallic paint to help it stand out.  I used black paint to paint the title on the cover.  I then tied elastics to my cover and added beads and charms to the ends.  Finally I stapled the folded watercolor pages into several books to add to the inside.  Here is pictures of the journal cover and inserts that I made.

I also colored the cover of a composition book to match my journal and added it as well.  Here is a picture of the composition book.
And here is the video showing how I created this journal.
I love how this journal turned out and can't wait for the class to start so I can start using this.  Please let me know if you have any questions.  Thank you for stopping by and watching my video.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment