Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Creating a Basic Journal

Hello creative friends. I hope everyone is having a great week.  This week I have a basic journal that I created and a video showing how I created it. I created this journal to see if I could make the basic journal, cover and signatures (pages), within a couple of hours for a work project.  Turns out, I could.  I saved the scraps from making the journal and used them to add pockets and tags to it afterwards.  Turns out the decorating part is what take the most time. I also make another journal at the same time, using different pattern paper, which I do not show in the video.  It was made using the same process, just different paper.  I took both journals to work to show my boss and one of my co-workers bought the first one, which is the one in the video.  I didn't take any pictures of this journal before taking it to work, so I only have this one picture that I created from the video to show you.


Here are pictures of the other journal that I made at the same time using different pattern paper and used my scraps to add pockets and tags to it along with some other ephemera from Tim Holtz.






 
And here is the video showing how I created the basic journal.

 

I have been having so much fun making these journals and am thinking about make a couple of more to put on eBay and/or Etsy. We did end up making journals at work, which I will post pictures of the one I made next week, and it was a lot of fun.  I hope you enjoy the video and hope you try making your own journal.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment