Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Created a New Travel Journal

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  My week has been busy.  This week I have a new travel journal cover that I created.  I had a couple of composition books that I wanted to put into a travel journal, so I decided to use canvas to create the cover for a travel journal the size I wanted.  I cut the canvas larger that I needed it and then painted both sides with white gesso to stiffen the fabric and prep it for paint.  I then used modeling paste through stencils to add some texture to the cover.  I cut the canvas to the size I wanted it and then painted both sides with chocolate brown paint and used metallic paint to bring out the texture.  I finished it off by adding the elastic to it.  Here are some pictures of the cover I made.
 
Close up of  the Front
Front
 Back
And here is the video showing how I created this cover.
I really like the way this journal cover turned out and am having fun using it and filling it up.  My plan is to use it for my art for ideas, planning, tracking, projects and I event created a couple of inserts, the same size as the composition books, using mixed media paper so that I could create some art in it as well.  If you have any questions, please leave me a comment.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment