Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Art Journal Page - I Believe in Me

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a great week.  My week has been going well.  This week I have several art journal pages that I created using Acrylic paints, Posca pens and ephemera from my stash.  I saw a video where Julie Fei-Fan Balzer created several journal pages with faces on them and wanted to create my version of this.  Each page is larger than the last and as you flip through the pages part of the first face becomes 2/3 of the second face and then 1/2 of the third face and 1/3 of the fourth page and so on until the last face only has a very small part of the first face showing.  I first used acrylic paints through stencils and then added color to the background of the pages.  I drew and painted the faces and then added decorations on the edges of the pages with Posca Pens, which you can only see from the front side of the pages.  Last I added a word to each page and quotes from my stash to finish the pages.  Here are pictures of the journal pages I created.






And here is a video showing how I created these pages.


I am still learning to draw people, but really like the way these pages turned out and they were a lot of fun to create.  Thank you for stopping by and watching my video.  I hope it inspires you to try this yourself, if you have not already.  Hope you have a Happy Valentine's day and a great week.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment