Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Backgrounds for Art Journaling

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a great week.  My week is going ok.  Finally got the video to upload to YouTube for this posting, I guess 3 times a charm.  I am going to have to figure something else out.  Anyway, I decided recently that I would like to try to art journal daily, but just do not have a lot of time during the week.  So I decided it would be helpful to prep several pages to get them started.  That way I could journal daily and add some finishing touches to the pages to finish them.  I ended up creating 21 journal page backgrounds using various products and techniques.  I used Dylusions and Ranger spray inks, Range distressing ink pads, acrylic paints, stencils, stamps and other items to get paint, color and pattern on the pages.  I then decided to add some ephemera from my stash to help add some interest to the pages as well as maybe help inspire my art journaling.  Here are a couple of the pages that I created.









 
And here is the video showing how I created the pages and the techniques that were used. 
 
 
 
I really like how all of the pages turned out and feel that I have a good start to a daily art journal now.  Hope you like the video and this inspires you to start a daily art journal if you have not already.  I think it will be really helpful to have them at least started.  I Hope you have a good week.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment