Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Mixed Media Notebook Cover

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  My week has been going well.  This week I have a mixed media cover that I created on a notebook.  I wanted to make a gift for a friend at work for Christmas and since she takes notes a lot, I though it would be a good idea to do a mixed media cover on a notebook.  I used a composition notebook and glued beads and buttons to the cover.  I then covered everything with white gesso.  I used spray inks to add color to the cover and then highlighted the texture with copper metallic paint.  I then added washing tape to the cover and a tag.  I then did the back cover to match the front by adding gesso to the back cover, then ink sprays and then metallic paint. Here are pictures of the mixed media cover I made.




And here is the video showing how I created this notebook cover.




I really like the way this turned out and hope that my friend likes it.  Thank you for stopping by and watching my video.  I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas.  Until next time, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment