Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Art Journal Page - Mixed Media Lion and Journey Daybook Outing

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is have a good week.  Mine has been going well.  This week I have a mixed media painted lion art journal page and several art journal pages that I created during an outing with the Journey Daybook group.  Since I've been practicing drawing and painting animals, I thought it would be good to mix it up and add some scrap paper to the page before drawing and painted the lion on my art journal page.  The idea was to have the pattern and text on the scrap papers show through the painting, but as you can see below most of it got covered up.  Here's the pic of the lion I painted.




I do like the way it turned out and I had fun creating it. 


Here is the video showing how I created this art journal page.




Also, this last weekend I met up with the Journey Daybook group at the Harn Museum and did some art journaling in my travel journal.  Here are the pics of the pages I did.

This is a couple of sketches from their miniature collection.

And this is a couple of masks from their African Collection

I had fun with the art journaling group and looking forward to the next get together.  And I had fun painting the lion, but wish the scrap paper showed through more.  I may try this again, but adjust my approach slightly.  Thank you for stopping by and watching my video.  I hope you have a great week.  Until next week, Happy Creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment