Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Created another Journal by 5s

Hello creative friends.  Hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine has been busy, but going well.  Some time ago I saw a video on YouTube about a Journal by 5s and decided to create one myself.   It was a lot of fun and I loved the way it helped me to complete a journal within a minimal amount of time and without giving it a lot of thought.  It also forces you to loosen up.  I have since wanted to do another journal by 5s.  So I finally got around to doing another one.  I had a sketchbook, that I decorated the cover on it years ago, but never used it for anything.  So, I decided to use it to create this journal by 5s.  Since it had sketch paper in it, I used a glue stick to glue every three pages together so that I could use paint on the pages and this process can get very messy, since you only have 15 minutes to cover 30 pages.  I used Dylusions paints, Dylusions and Ranger spray inks, Ranger Ink pads, Posca paint pens, stencils, washi tape, scrap paper and ephemera from my stash to create this journal.  Here are pics of some of my favorite pages from this journal I created.






 
And here is the video showing a fast forward through how I created this journal and a flip through the completed journal at the end.
 
 
The idea for a journal by 5s came from Shannon Green and her video explains the whole process, which can be found on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0ohBQFKqus&feature=youtu.be

I really like how my journal by 5s turned out and how different it is from the one I created before.  Have you tried this yet?  If not you should give it a try, it is a lot of fun.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment