Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Art Journal Page - Golden Peacock

Hello creative friends.  I hope everyone is having a good week.  Mine has been going very well.  This past weekend I decided to do an art journal page with a painting of a peacock that I have been wanting to paint for a long time now, but never got around to it.  In the picture that I have, the peacock has light colored feathers, so I used gold and copper metallic paints for the feathers.  I also used Twinkling H20 watercolor paints for the birds head and back feathers and finished the detail work on the face with other acrylic paints.  This particular journal page does not have any words or quotes, which I always like to add to my journal pages, but after completing the bird I did feel it needed anything else.  Here is a pic of the journal page I created and some close up pics:


 
 
 
And here is a video showing how I created this journal page:


I have pictures of other peacocks that I took while in St. Augustine at the Ponce De Leon park that are very colorful and some white ones that I want to also paint someday.  The picture I used for this one was from a calendar that I have had for 10+ years.  I hope you try your hand at painting a peacock sometime, if you have not yet done so, they are a lot of fun to paint.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment