Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Creating a Junk Journal

Hello creative friends.  Hope your week is going well, mine is going good.  This past weekend I completed a journal page and was hoping to have it ready to post for the Creative Arts Collaboration group and event this past weekend for #LoveSpringArt, but was not able to get it completed and edited in time.  I also was not able to get it ready to post today, however I was able to get another video ready to share on a junk journal that I created the weekend before last.  I saw a video that Shannon Green posted on YouTube showing a junk journal that she created and it inspired me to create one myself using junk mail, advertising, cards, envelopes, packaging and scrap paper that I have been collecting.  I figured this would be a good way to repurpose and recycle all of this stuff I have been saving and put it to good use.  I can use it to play around with paints, markers and other products and supplies; And experiment with new techniques and ideas.  This video shows a flip through the journal I created, but does not show how I put it together.  Shannon's video is the best I have seen on YouTube showing how to create and bind a junk mail journal and can be found here if interested in seeing how she put hers together: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxjsW0-4b7M

Here is the video I created showing the flip through the journal I created:


I will be getting the video of the journal page I created this past weekend edited and post by next Tuesday.  Hope you try putting together your own junk journal.  Thank you for stopping by.  Until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment