Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Life Book Pages and a Dimensional Canvas

Hello creative friends.  This week I worked on more Life Book pages.  Here are pics of the pages I completed.  The theme of these pages is honoring your inner self.

 
 
 
I also completed the follow, which was also a Life Book journal page, but I decided to put it on a canvas so I could hang it.  The Life Book video lesson used lace, fabric and flowers and had a totally different layout, look and color scheme than what I did.  But isn't that the point, to take the lessons and make it your own, using your own style.  I decided to use heavier found objects and some purchased objects, like the gears, which is another reason I put it on a canvas because it would be too heavy for a journal page.  I also added some close-ups of the canvas below. 
 
 




 

The pictures I imbedded in the canvas are of me, my daughter, my son and my granddaughter. I love the dimension, the vibrant colors and the glitter.  I really love the way it turned out and may try this again on a journal page with lighter weight embellishments, LOL.  Do you use found objects in your art journal pages?  I would love to hear about it.  Well until next time, happy creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment